Herbal Correspondence class with CHRISTOPHER HOBBS, Ph.D., L. Ac., A.H.G.
Offering you the most advanced blend of traditional Western and Chinese energetic principles
with scientific phytotherapy and native herbs of the U.S.
About This Course
The Foundations of Herbalism correspondence course consists of 18 spiral-bound lessons comprising about 1200 pages of text. It also includes one CD-ROM containing live lectures and power point presentations on each of the major body systems, such as cardiovascular, digestive, liver, reproductive, etc.
The course covers 320 herbs and 350 health conditions. The herbs are categorized by body system, each with a concise description and a picture of the plant, its action, dosage, Chinese medicine energetic principle, health benefits, and how to prepare it.
At the beginning of the course you will receive a packet of organic seeds for growing your own medicine chest herb garden.
Both the assignments and quizzes at the end of each lesson will be corrected and returned to you with personal comments. We are available by mail, email or phone to answer any questions you may have.
Once you have completed the course, you will receive a certificate documenting the completion of your studies with Christopher Hobbs. There is no set time limit to complete the course; we estimate the average time to be between 15 and 18 months.
This course offers you the essential foundation needed in order to become a professional, well-rounded herbalist, including:
• Access to over 300 health conditions and symptoms, including which appropriate herbal therapies, proper dosage, and lifestyle and dietary guidelines
• An all-inclusive section on herbs, with dosage, recommended preparations, contraindications, and in-depth information of traditional uses
• Instructions for making your own medicines—tinctures, powdered extracts, creams, salves, etc. for home or clinical use
• Guidelines for collecting, wildcrafting, harvesting, and growing herbs
• Learn the art of herbal formulation and make your own herbal formulas
• Share in Christopher’s 25 years of formulating for clinical practice and creating high-quality products for companies in the herb industry
• An extensive resource section for herbs, herbal products, plants, and seeds, websites, books, and periodicals
• Information on further herbal education and herb career opportunities
Christopher Hobbs is a 4th generation herbalist and botanist, with over 30 years experience with herbs. He is the author of more than 20 books on natural healthcare and herbs, a licensed Acupuncturist, and an internationally respected teacher and lecturer. You can visit his web site at www.christopherhobbs.com.